Madinah Arabic Reader Book-1
By Dr. V. Abdur Rahim
Paperback 80 Pages
Publisher : Goodword Books
About The Book
This set of books are essentially the same as the Arabic Course for English Speaking Students 3 Vols Set by UKIA but it is fully Colour Illustrated so as to make it more reader friendly specially for Children
Professor Abdur Rahim’s eight-volume texts enable the student to acquire a knowledge of Arabic in the classical structural form. All of the books teach essential language skills through applied grammar.
Each lesson is based on a conversation which illustrates distinctive language patterns. A variety of exercises helps the student to understand and master each of the patterns occurring in the lesson.
The vocabulary ranges from classical and Quranic Arabic to words and expressions current in modern Arabic.
This series of books is currently being utilized at various schools to prepare students for the University of London (UK) GCE O-Level and A-Level examinations.
Learning classical Arabic effectively could not be more easier than this course of Madinah Islamic University.
A tried and tested course over 40 years with proven track record of success, it is ideal in terms of the the topics covered and short time taken to learn. It is suitable for schools and colleges in the UK and other Western English speaking countries.
Whilst there are now several courses available on the market for the teaching of the Arabic language, the unique features of this particular one are:
- It is very concise, consisting of only three books, all of which are short but extensive in
- their coverage.
- It combines modern Arabic vocabulary with Islamic terminology as used in the Qur'an
- and Sunnah.
- It covers all the essential Arabic grammatical rules in such a way that the student is
- spared the monotonous task of memorising them
- The author presents Arabic as a living and vibrant language and takes examples from
- Arabic in everyday use, as also from the Qur'an and Sunnah, so that as the student learns the
- languages, he also acquires an understanding of hundreds of Qur'anic verses, ahadith, Arabic
- parables and poetry. This allows the student to become directly involved in the study of the
- Qu'ran and Sunnah while also acquiring a sound understanding of the Arabic language
About The Author
- An outstanding Scholar of Arabic Language and Literature, deeply learned in the Glorious Qur’an and Sunnah.
- Dr. Abdur Rahim was born in the small town of Vaniyambadi in the state of Tamil Nadu, India in 1933.
- Received the national award for ‘Outstanding Arabic Scholar’ in 1997 CE conferred by former president of India: Dr. S. D. Sharma;
- Received the prestigious Madihur Rasool Sadaqatullah Appa Award 2012 CE for outstanding Arabic Scholar, from the Department of Arabic, Persian & Urdu, University of Madras, India;
- Deeply learned in the Glorious Qur’an and Sunnah;
- Majored in English Language and Literature (University of Madras, India);
- Holds M.Phil. and Ph.D. Degrees in Arabic Philology from the University of Al-Azhar (Cairo);
- Formerly Professor of Arabic Language for 30 years at the Islamic University of Madinah;
- Personally taught the Arabic Language all over the world such as at Islamic University Madinah, Islamic University Omdurman, Sudan, Khartoum University Sudan, in Germany, Washington D.C. and British Guyana;
- Has been teaching Arabic as a foreign language for more than 50 years;
- An expert on European Languages: their etymology, phonetic change and semantic development;
- Formerly the Director of the ‘Institute of Teaching Arabic as a Foreign Language’, Islamic University, Madinah;
- Currently the Director of the Translation Centre at the ‘King Fahd Glorious Qur’aan Printing Complex’ (Madinah, Saudi Arabia).
|In Stock: 26|