The basic principle established by Omar with regard to the reporting of Hadith and its authenticity may be stated briefly as follows:
1. A report should be literally faithful.
2. Mere truthfulness of a reporter is not sufficient guarantee of the authenticity of a report.
3. Hadith narrated by a single reporter must be supported by evidence which Hadith specialists term Tabi' and Shahid.
4. Hadith narrated by a single chain of reporters is not always dependable.
5. In judging the veracity of a report, occasion and circumstances must also be considered.
|Tell a friend|
|Products related to this article:|