Arabic Course for English Speaking Students
Originally design and Taught at Madina Islamic University
By Dr V Abdur Rahim
Hardback 500 Pages
Publisher : Darussalam
About The Book
The Arabic Course for English-Speaking Students is a comprehensive and popular course for the teaching of the Qur'anic and Traditional Arabic, originally devised and taught at the renowned Madinah Islamic University, catering for the non-Arabic speaking students from all over the world.
Over the years, this course has enabled students to become competent in their use of the Arabic language and to participate and benefit from scholarly pursuits such as Qur'anic exegeses, hadith, fiqh, sirah, history, and classical and modern Arabic literature.
It is concise (consisting of only three books, reasonably short) but extensive in their coverage. It combines modern Arabic vocabulary with Islamic terminology used in the Qur'an and Sunnah. It Helps acquire an understanding of hundreds of Qur'anic verses, ahadith, Arabic parables and poetry.
About The Author Dr V. Abdur Rahim
* Received the national award for ‘Outstanding Arabic Scholar’ in 1997 CE conferred by former president of India: Dr. S. D. Sharma;
* Received the prestigious Madihur Rasool Sadaqatullah Appa Award 2012 CE for outstanding Arabic Scholar, from the Department of Arabic, Persian & Urdu, University of Madras, India (see ceremony and photos below);
* Deeply learned in the Glorious Qur’an and Sunnah;
* Majored in English Language and Literature (University of Madras, India);
* Holds M.Phil. and Ph.D. Degrees in Arabic Philology from the University of Al-Azhar (Cairo);
* Formerly Professor of Arabic Language for 30 years at the Islamic University of Madinah;
* Personally taught the Arabic Language all over the world such as at Islamic University Madinah, Islamic University Omdurman, Sudan, Khartoum University Sudan, in Germany, Washington D.C. and British Guyana;
* Has been teaching Arabic as a foreign language for more than 50 years;
* An expert on European Languages: their etymology, phonetic change and semantic development;
* Formerly the Director of the ‘Institute of Teaching Arabic as a Foreign Language’, Islamic University, Madinah;
* Currently the Director of the Translation Centre at the ‘King Fahd Glorious Qur’aan Printing Complex’ (Madinah, Saudi Arabia)
|In Stock: 1|