مُعْجَمُ الدَّخِيلِ في اللغةِ العربية الْحَدِيثَةِ ولَهْجَاتِهَا
الشيخ الدكتور ف. عبد الرحيم
Fil Lughat al-Arabiya al-Haditha wa Lahjatuha
By Dr. V. Abdur Rahim
Hardback 240 Pages
Two-Colour Print & Beautiful Design
Publisher : Dar al-Qalam
About The Book
A profound, fascinating dictionary on etymology, phonetics and linguistics.
Enter a vast garden of specialised knowledge that will especially rivet the interest of every Arabic student, teacher and researcher.
Discover the etymology of over 1600 non-Arabic words that have entered modern Arabic and become Arabic-ized, discussed in a clear, non-technical style.
Discover hundreds of pleasantly humorous facts, and the ability to finely understand modern Arabic dialects.
Discover how the Arabs throughout the Arab world pronounce the same foreign word with varying, phonetic modifications according to their region and dialect.
Discover the host of languages from which loanwords are taken and discussed. Languages include : English, French, Italian, Greek, Turkish, Persian, Urdu.
Benefit from the Shaykh’s vast expertise of foreign languages combined with over 50 years of teaching Arabic to non-natives, along with his residing in many Arab countries and studying first-hand their language and dialects.
About The Author : Dr V. Abdur Rahim
* Received the national award for ‘Outstanding Arabic Scholar’ in 1997 CE conferred by former president of India: Dr. S. D. Sharma;
* Received the prestigious Madihur Rasool Sadaqatullah Appa Award 2012 CE for outstanding Arabic Scholar, from the Department of Arabic, Persian & Urdu, University of Madras, India (see ceremony and photos below);
* Deeply learned in the Glorious Qur’an and Sunnah;
* Majored in English Language and Literature (University of Madras, India);
* Holds M.Phil. and Ph.D. Degrees in Arabic Philology from the University of Al-Azhar (Cairo);
* Formerly Professor of Arabic Language for 30 years at the Islamic University of Madinah;
* Personally taught the Arabic Language all over the world such as at Islamic University Madinah, Islamic University Omdurman, Sudan, Khartoum University Sudan, in Germany, Washington D.C. and British Guyana;
* Has been teaching Arabic as a foreign language for more than 50 years;
* An expert on European Languages: their etymology, phonetic change and semantic development;
* Formerly the Director of the ‘Institute of Teaching Arabic as a Foreign Language’, Islamic University, Madinah;
* Currently the Director of the Translation Centre at the ‘King Fahd Glorious Qur’aan Printing Complex’ (Madinah, Saudi Arabia)