By Dr. Abdur Rahim
Paperback 109 Pages
ISBN : 9788123202846
Publisher : Islamic Foundation Trust (IFT), Chennai, India
About The Book
Iththaqaltum deals with some of the lesser-known phonetic and morphological features of Arabic with special reference to their occurrence in the Glorious Qur'an.
There is copious material in Arabic dealing with such phonetic and morphological peculiarities, but very little in English. This book, it is hoped, will fill this gap insh'Allah.
Dr V. Abdur Rahim has been serving the cause of teaching Arabic to non-native speakers of Arabic for the past fifty years. In addition to his world-famous textbook known as Durus al-Lughat al-'Arabiyyah,he has published a number of Qur'anic texts with lexical and grammatical notes.
His latest book Iththaqultum aims to help English-speaking students of Arabic understand some of the phonetic and morphological intricacies of the language of the Glorious Qur'an.
About The Author : Dr V. Abdur Rahim
* Received the national award for ‘Outstanding Arabic Scholar’ in 1997 CE conferred by former president of India: Dr. S. D. Sharma;
* Received the prestigious Madihur Rasool Sadaqatullah Appa Award 2012 CE for outstanding Arabic Scholar, from the Department of Arabic, Persian & Urdu, University of Madras, India (see ceremony and photos below);
* Deeply learned in the Glorious Qur’an and Sunnah;
* Majored in English Language and Literature (University of Madras, India);
* Holds M.Phil. and Ph.D. Degrees in Arabic Philology from the University of Al-Azhar (Cairo);
* Formerly Professor of Arabic Language for 30 years at the Islamic University of Madinah;
* Personally taught the Arabic Language all over the world such as at Islamic University Madinah, Islamic University Omdurman, Sudan, Khartoum University Sudan, in Germany, Washington D.C. and British Guyana;
* Has been teaching Arabic as a foreign language for more than 50 years;
* An expert on European Languages: their etymology, phonetic change and semantic development;
* Formerly the Director of the ‘Institute of Teaching Arabic as a Foreign Language’, Islamic University, Madinah;
* Currently the Director of the Translation Centre at the ‘King Fahd Glorious Qur’aan Printing Complex’ (Madinah, Saudi Arabia).
|For more information, please visit this products webpage.|
|In Stock: 2|