Undoubtedly one of the Best in Market
Arabic Course for English Speaking Students
Durus al-Lughah al-‘Arabiyyah li-Ghair al-Natiqina Biha
By V Abdur Rahim
Paperback Book 1: 184 Pages, Book 2: 334 Pages, Book 3: 448 Pages,
3 Volume Set
All Three Books Includes the Key books
Set ISBN : 1872531687
Publisher : UKIA
(Popularly known as “MADINAH BOOKS”)
About The Book
- Learning classical Arabic effectively could not be more easier than this course of Madinah Islamic University.
- A tried and tested course over 40 years with proven track record of success, it is ideal in terms of the the topics covered and short time taken to learn. It is suitable for schools and colleges in the UK and other Western English speaking countries.
- Whilst there are now several courses available on the market for the teaching of the Arabic language, the unique features of this particular one are:
- It is very concise, consisting of only three books, all of which are short but extensive in their coverage.
- It combines modern Arabic vocabulary with Islamic terminology as used in the Qur'an and Sunnah.
- It covers all the essential Arabic grammatical rules in such a way that the student is spared the monotonous task of memorising them
- The author presents Arabic as a living and vibrant language and takes examples from Arabic in everyday use, as also from the Qur'an and Sunnah.
- It successfully helps acquire an understanding of hundreds of Qur'anic passages, Hadiiths, poetry, parables, classical and modern Arabic texts
- Written in an easy, step-by-step format
- Material is meticulously well-structured and logically organised
- Covers an extensive amount of the Arabic Sciences
- Works on the weighty principle that you learn the fundamentals before learning the details
- You learn what is easy before what is more challenging
- Lessons connect to each other: what is previously learnt, is revised by blending material into new points being taught
- Copious, creative exercises give ample drilling in of material
- It allows the student to become directly involved in the study of the Qu'ran and Sunnah while also acquiring a sound understanding of the Arabic language
Note: Only Recommended for Those Familiar with The Arabic Alphabet and Basic Reading Skills
About The Author : Dr V. Abdur Rahim
* Received the national award for ‘Outstanding Arabic Scholar’ in 1997 CE conferred by former president of India: Dr. S. D. Sharma;
* Received the prestigious Madihur Rasool Sadaqatullah Appa Award 2012 CE for outstanding Arabic Scholar, from the Department of Arabic, Persian & Urdu, University of Madras, India (see ceremony and photos below);
* Deeply learned in the Glorious Qur’an and Sunnah;
* Majored in English Language and Literature (University of Madras, India);
* Holds M.Phil. and Ph.D. Degrees in Arabic Philology from the University of Al-Azhar (Cairo);
* Formerly Professor of Arabic Language for 30 years at the Islamic University of Madinah;
* Personally taught the Arabic Language all over the world such as at Islamic University Madinah, Islamic University Omdurman, Sudan, Khartoum University Sudan, in Germany, Washington D.C. and British Guyana;
* Has been teaching Arabic as a foreign language for more than 50 years;
* An expert on European Languages: their etymology, phonetic change and semantic development;
* Formerly the Director of the ‘Institute of Teaching Arabic as a Foreign Language’, Islamic University, Madinah;
* Currently the Director of the Translation Centre at the ‘King Fahd Glorious Qur’aan Printing Complex’ (Madinah, Saudi Arabia)
|In Stock: 20|