In The Shade Of The Qur'an Vol. 30 (Juz Amma)
By Sayyid Qutb
Translated & Edited By M.A. Salahi & A.A Shamis
Paperback 366 Pages
Publisher : Crescent Publishing Company, Delhi, India
Note: Quality of this print is Poor, for better print Quality please see The One Published by The Islamic Foundation.
About The Book
Sayid Qutb's vigorous struggle, for which he was imprisoned, then killed, was at the practical level, an attempt to achieve the Implementation of Islam in Society. At the Intellectual level, however the author's struggle is embodied in a collection of books devoted to Islam and the most important of these is undoubtedly "In the Shade of the Qur'an"
In the Shade of the Qur'an has been universally recognised as an outstanding contribution to Islamic thought and scholarship, to which students and scholars, as well as contemporary Islamic revivalist movements all over the world, owe a great deal. Now that is available in English, it will continue to enlighten and inspire millions more. It will take its rightful place as an indispensable work of reference for a proper understanding of contemporary Islamic thinking.
Surah's Covered are:
78. Surah Naba (The Great News)
79. Surah Nazi'at (Those Who tear Out)
80. Surah 'Abasa (He Frowned)
81. Surah Takwir (The Folding Up)
82. Surah Infitar (The Cleaving Asunder)
83. Surah Mutaffifin (Defrauders)
84. Surah Inshiqaq (The Rending Asunder)
85. Surah Buruj (The Constellations)
86. Surah Tariq (The Night)
87. Surah Aa'la (The Most High)
88. Surah Qashiyah (The Overwhelming Event)
89. Surah Fajr (Break of Down)
90. Surah Balad (The City)
91. Surah Shams (The Sun)
92. Surah Lail (The Night)
93. Surah Duha (The Glorious Mornings Light)
94. Surah Inshirah (Expansion)
95. Surah Tin (The Fig)
96. Surah 'Alaq (The Clot)
97. Surah Qadr (The Night of Honour)
98. Surah Bayyinah (The Clear Evidence)
99. Surah Zilzal (The Quaking)
100. Surah Adiyat (The Charsers)
101. Surah Qari'ah (The Calamity)
102. Sure Takathur (Vyins in Exuberance)
103. Surah 'Asr (Time)
104. Surah Humazah (The Slanderer)
105. Surah Fil (The Elephant)
106. Surah Quraish (Custodians of the Ka'ba)
107. Surah Ma'un (Neishborly Needs)
108. Surah Kauthar (The Abundance)
109. Surah Kafirun (Disbelievers)
110. Surah Nasr (Help)
111. Surah Lahab (The Flame)
112. Surah Ikhlas (Monotheism)
113. Surah Falaq (The Daybreak)
114. Surah Nas (Mankind)
About The Author
Sayyid Qutb, True to his teachings died for the values he espoused. He was sentenced to death and hanged by a military court established by Nasser. Writing was his jihad against the jahiliyya that he saw all around him
1906 : Born in the village Musha, northern Egypt.
1930's and 1940's: Qutb start working as a inspector of schools for the Egyptian Ministry of Education. He also tries to start a career as a writer, and publishes some books but without much success.
1948: Travels to USA on a scholarship to study the educational system, receiving a master's degree from the Colorado State College of Education.
1951: Qutb returns to Egypt, and joins the Muslim Brotherhood (Ikhwan ul Muslim)
1952: First volume of his commentary In the Shade of the Qur'an (Fi Zilal al-Qur'an) is published. There would be 29 more volumes to this work.
1954: He is arrested and sentenced to long imprisonment together with many other members of the Ikhwan.
1964: After 10 years in prison, Qutb is released.
1965: Is allegedly part of the planning of the assassination of President Gamal Abdu l-Nasser, and is arrested again.
1966 August 29: Executed after being found guilty in the 1965 plot. May Allah Bless his Soul
"Ha Mim, This book is bestowed from on high by God, the Almighty the Wise. Surely, in the heavens and the earth there are signs for those who believe." - (TMQur'an al Jathiya 45: 1-3)
About The Translator
Adil Salahi teachers at the Markfield Institute of Higher Education, Leicester, England. After working for the BBC Arabic Service for several years, he worked for the Arabic daily, al-Sharq al-Awsat. He continues to publish many Articles in various Publications including , Arab News, and many Online Publications. He has worked and translated most of thel volumes of Sayyid Qutb's commentary, In the Shade of the Qur'an.
To see All Available Volumes of the UK Published Version, Please Click Here.
Juz Amma, Better Quality Published by The Islamic Foundation, please click here
|In Stock: 3|