Destroying World Order
U.S. Imperialism in the Middle East Before and After September 11
Includes A Guide to Impeaching President George W Bush
By Francis A. Boyle
Paperback 191 Pages
ISBN : 9780932863409
Publisher : Clarity Press
About The Book
'In international legal terms, the Bush Jr. administration should be viewed as constituting an ongoing criminal conspiracy under international criminal law in violation of the Nuremberg Charter, the Nuremberg Judgment, and the Nuremberg Principles, due to its formulation and undertaking of war policies which are legally akin to those perpetrated by the Nazi regime in pre-World War II Germany.'
Since the war in Afghanistan and Operation Iraqi Freedom, Americans have been surprised to learn that much of the world now views the United States itself as a major threat to global peace. American international legal expert Francis A. Boyle examines the imperial dimensions of U.S. policy in the Middle East, past and present, which may help to account for these views.
In a hard-hitting commentary well-grounded in fact and in law, Boyle addresses the train of U.S. transgressions of international law, leading to havoc in the region, and destabilization of the world system as a whole. By the presidency of George W. Bush, U.S. policy had evolved to a public assertion of the right to preemptive war, and its actual implementation.
This book discusses U.S. assistance to Iraq during the Iran/Iraq war, U.S. conduct of the 1990 Gulf War, and the recent wars in Afghanistan and Iraq in relation to their violation of the laws of neutrality, humanitarian law, the laws of war--and the law of the U.S. Constitution.
The concluding chapter provides a guide to impeaching President George W. Bush for lying in leading the nation to war.
About The Author
Francis A. Boyle is a leading American professor, practitioner and advocate of international law. He was responsible for drafting the Biological Weapons Anti-Terrorism Act of 1989, the American implementing legislation for the 1972 Biological Weapons Convention.
He served as Legal Adviser to the Palestinian Delegation to the Middle East Peace Negotiations from 1991 to 1993, served on the Board of Directors of Amnesty International (1988-1992), and represented Bosnia-Herzegovina at the World Court.
Professor Boyle teaches international law at the University of Illinois, Campaign and is author of, inter alia, Palestine, Palestinians and International Law, The Criminality of Nuclear Deterrence, Defending Civil Resistance Under International Law, The Future of International Law and American Foreign Policy, Foundations of World Order: The Legalist Approach to International Relations 1898-1921, and The Bosnian People Charge Genocide.
Francis A. Boyle holds a Doctor of Law Magna Cum Laude as well as a Ph.D. in Political Science, both from Harvard University.
From January 8-12 Francis A. Boyle served as the 18th Bertrand Russell Peace Lecturer at McMaster University in Canada. Previous Russell Lecturers have been E.P. Thompson, Elena Bonner, Edward Said, Ramsey Clark, Nobel Peace Prize Winner Joseph Rotblat, Johan Galtung, and Noam Chomsky.
Table of Contents
Founding World Order
Destroying World Order
- INTERNATIONAL CRISIS AND NEUTRALITY: U.S. FOREIGN POLICY TOWARD THE IRAQ-IRAN WAR
- The Historical Background of U.S. Neutrality Policies
- U.S. “Neutrality” Toward the IraqIran War
- Restoring International Peace and Security to the Persian Gulf
- UNITED STATES WAR CRIMES DURING THE FIRST PERSIAN GULF WAR
- The Charges
- Universal Jurisdiction
- The Historical Origins of the War
- The Rapid Deployment Force
- United States War Plans Against Iraq
- Bush Is the Bigger War Criminal
- Bush’s Perversion of the Constitution
- Bush’s Mad Rush to War
- Bush Corrupted the United Nations
- Bush Circumvented and Violated Chapter VI of the United Nations Charter
- The Conduct of the War Itself
- Bush Ordered the Destruction of Facilities Essential to Civilian Life and
- Economic Productivity Throughout Iraq
- The United States and Enemy Soldiers
- The United States Used Prohibited Weapons
- The United States Intentionally Attacked Installations in Iraq Containing
- Dangerous Substances and Forces
- The United States Waged War on the Environment.
- Defendant Bush Encouraged Fratricidal Violence
- Defendant Bush Intentionally Deprived the Iraqi People of Necessities.
- Defendant Bush Demands Reparations
- Bush’s “New World Order”
- A Special Prosecutor
- THE COURT MARTIAL OF CAPTAIN DR. YOLANDA HUET-VAUGHN FOR DESERTION
- PETITION ON BEHALF OF THE CHILDREN OF IRAQ SUBMITTED TO THE UNITED NATIONS CHARGING PRESIDENT BUSH AND U.S. AUTHORITIES WITH GENOCIDE
- The Facts
- Prayer For Relief
- HUMANITARIAN INTERVENTION VERSUS INTERNATIONAL LAW
- State Practice
- International Law And Legitimate Military Intervention
- International Law Against “Humanitarian” Intervention
- The Corfu Channel Case
- Nicaragua V. United States of America
- The Implications Of Bosnia And Herzegovina
- GEORGE BUSH JR., SEPTEMBER 11
- AND THE RULE OF LAW
- Machiavelli Redux
- International Legal Nihilism
- 11 September 2001
- The Facts
- The Powell/Blair White Paper
- The Cover-Ups
- The Bin Laden Video
- Framing a Response to September 11th
- Terrorism and the Law
- The U.S. Policy Preference: Not Terrorism–War
- The UN Security Council Disagrees: Terrorism, not War
- Bush Sr. v. Bush Jr.
- No Declaration of War from Congress
- The Infamy of Korematsu
- Instead, A Blank Check to Use Military Force
- Bush Sr. v. Bush Jr. Redux
- “Ending States”
- Honest Nuclear War-Mongering
- The Prostitution of NATO
- Bush Jr.’s Crusade
- The U.S./UN Ambassador of Death
- Nazi “Self-defense” Resurfaces
- Retaliation Is Not Self-Defense
- Choosing Violent Resolutions for International Disputes
- Humanitarian Catastrophe
- Why War?
- It’s Still the Oil, Stupid!
- How Empires Rule at Home
- Bush Jr.’s Constitutional Coup D’Êtat
- Ashcroft’s Police State
- Bush’s Kangaroo Courts
- The Bush Jr. Withdrawal from the ABM Treaty
- THE BUSH JR. ADMINISTRATION’S WAR OF AGGRESSION AGAINST IRAQ
- Neo-Cons, Fundies, Feddies, and Con-Artists
- Oil and Gas as the Key to Global Dominance
- Preventive War: The Nazi Precedent
- The Judgment of Nuremberg
- The Legal Determination of Guilt For War
- Naming the Guilty
- An Ongoing Criminal Conspiracy
- Belligerent Occupation
- The UN Fails to Observe Its Charter—Again
- Prostitution of and by the United Nations
- Tearing-up the Kellogg-Briand Peace Pact
- Reversing the Stimson Doctrine
- Sabotaging the International Criminal Court
- What Is To Be Done: Iraq for the Iraqis
- America for the Americans
- A GUIDE TO IMPEACHING PRESIDENT GEORGE W. BUSH JR.
- Preventive Impeachment
- Impeaching Bush Sr.
- Constitutional Grounds for Impeachment
- Impeaching Bush Jr.
- Impeaching Clinton For the Right Reasons
- Bush Jr. Impeachment Debate
- Presidential Fears of Impeachment
|In Stock: 9|