West Versus Islam
By Sayyid Abul A'la Maududi
Paperback 326 Pages
Publisher : Markazi Maktaba Islami (MMI) Publisher, India
About The Book
- Intellectual Subjugation—Why?
- Decline of Islamic Civilization in Indian Sub•Continent
- The Sick Nations of the Modern Age
- Man-made Law and Divine Law
- Suicide of Western Civilization
- Lord Lothian's Address
- Conflict of East and West in Turkey
- Fallacy of Rationalism I
- Fallacy of Rationalism-II
- Reconstruction or Destruction
- Basic Defect of Our Education System
- Reconstruction of Millat—The Right Course
- Revolt against Religion
- Social Disorder
- Faith and Compliance
- What is a Real Muslim
- The Real Source of Strength for Muslim
- Courage and Conviction—The Secret of Progress and Prosperity
- New Education Policy for the Muslims
- A Blue Print of Islamic Revolution
About The Author
Sayyid Abul A'la Al-Maududi (1903-1979), One of the chief architects of contemporary Islamic resurgence, was the an outstanding Islamic thinker and writer of his time. He devoted his life to expound the meaning and message of Islam and to organise a collective movement to establish the Islamic Order. In this struggle, he had to pass through all kinds of sufferings.
Between 1948-67, he spent a total of five years in different prisons of Pakistan. In 1953, he was also sentenced to death by a Martial Law court for writing a 'seditious' pamphlet, this sentence being later commuted to life imprisonment. In 1941, he founded Jama'at-I Islami, of which he remained Amir, until 1972 and which is one of the most prominent Islamic movements of our day.
He authored more than one hundred works on Islam, both scholarly and popular, and his writings have been translated into more than forty languages.
|In Stock: 1|