Ihya Ulum id Din : Arabic Only
By Imam Abu Hamid Muhammad Al-Ghazali
Fahras Al Ayaat, al-Hadith, Al Athaar, Al-Maudu'aat.
Complete Referencing of Ayah, Hadith, Athaar and Maudu'aat
Tahqiq & Takhrij : Sidqui Muhammad Jamil al- Attaar
Hardback 5 Volumes Set
Publisher : Dar Al Fikr Damascus, Beirut
New Tahqiq & Takhrij
Free Shipping within the UK
About The Book
- A Lot of work has gone into this publication with a detailed Index and referencing for all Ayaat of he Qur'an, al-Hadith, Al Athaar & Al-Maudu'aat.
- An invaluable Addition to all students of Classical Islamic Texts in Arabic.
- Clear Print in Black and some text in Green.
The Ihya Ulum al-Din is widely regarded as one of the great work of Muslim spirituality, and has, for centuries, been the widely read work in the Muslim world.
The masterpiece of Imam al-Ghazali, unquestionably one of the greatest thinkers and theologians of Islam.
It is divided into four parts each containing ten chapters.
- First part deals with knowledge and the requirements of faith—ritual purity, prayer, charity, fasting, pilgrimage, recitation of the Qur’an, etc.
- Part two concentrates mostly on people and society—the manners relating to eating, marriage, earning a living, friendship, etc.
- Parts three and four are dedicated to the inner life of the soul and discuss first the vices that people must overcome in themselves and then the virtues that they must strive to achieve.
About The Author
Imam Abu Hamid Muhammad Al-Ghazali, famous in the world of learning as al-Ghazzali was born in 450 AH (1058 A.D). in Persia.
He graduated from the Nizamia Madressa at Nishapur, with distinction.a very famous educational institution in Nishapur. Later he was appointed as a teacher at the Nizamia College in Baghdad, where he proved very successful in imparting knowledge to the scholars under his care.
This valuable gift of sustaining interest of his pupils and passing on his knowledge to them made him so famous that students from all parts of the country flocked to study under him.
Imam al-Ghazzali was fondly referred to as the 'Hujjat-ul-lslam', Proof of Islam, He is honoured as a scholar and a saint by learned men all over the world.
Al-Ghazali is generally acclaimed as the most influential thinker of the Classical period of Islam, in his autobiography "The Deliverance from Error", the Imam describes his education and his intellectual crisis, which left him so paralysed by doubt that he he gave up his academic pursuits and worldly interests and became a wandering ascetic.
This was a process (period) of mystical transformation. Later, he resumed his teaching duties, but again left these. An era of solitary life, devoted to contemplation and writing then ensued, which led to the authorship of a number of everlasting books.
Free Shipping within the UK
This set of books is also available from different publishers. Please check below
Dar El Marefah (Arabic Only: Complete Set in 2 Books)
Al-Maktaba Al-Assrya (Arabic Only: 5 Volumes Set)
Dar Al Kotob Al Ilmiyah Complete English Translation: 4 Volumes Set)
|In Stock: 4|