HTML Online Editor Sample
The Arabic Season : GCE/AS Level
Based On The EDEXCEL Specification
Authored By Ghassan & Mariam Mahir
Paperback 202 pages
ISBN : 9781908871190
Publisher: MM Books
About The Book
Based on the requirements of the latest Edexcel Advanced Subsidiary (AS) specification, this unique book is written specifically for the Arabic AS course - but it can easily fit in with any Arabic language course of the same level.
The new, revised, 2011 edition of this unique book features:
• Coverage of the topic areas of the Edexcel specification in 47 user-friendly 2-page spreads.
• New vocabulary, with English meanings. introduced in every topic.
• Uses a broad variety of teaching methods: descriptive texts, news items, dialogues, short stories, language comparison and mind-maps.
• Exercises throughout, plus examination-style tests, with answers.
• Concise explanations about how to add short vowels to words.
• Arabic-to-English translating explained through language comparison and step-by-step translation, with many examples.
• Detailed advice, with examples, on punctuation and style.
• Guide to planning the writing tasks, listing the methods normally used, including mind-maps, with step-by-step instructions and examples.
All introductions, teaching texts and explanations are in English to ensure immediate and comprehensive understanding by the students.
About The Author
Ghassan Mahir, B.Sc., B.Sc., D.Nut., MHMF, MHF After completing his BSc in Electrical and Electronic Engineering at Baghdad University in 1977, he worked in the engineering field for eight years in Iraq and Kuwait, only to see his engineering profession ending prematurely as a result of health problems, and moving as a result to the UK in 1985. His writing career started in 1984 and now he has some 40 published works - including translations - in Arabic language education, alternative medicine, socio-politics and Islamic studies. He has completed several diplomas in alternative medicine and has written books on that subject, in both Arabic and English, some of which are still in print. He is the author of many Arabic language educational books for GCSE and A-level students and teachers, published by M M Books, which include topic-based books, study resources, grammar and literary criticism, and he is also a co-author of books for pre-GCSE level. His books are used by schools all over the UK, as well as in many national and international schools abroad.
|In Stock: 11|