In the Company of God: Closeness to Allah Through the Beauty of His Names and Attributes
By Salman al-Oadah
Paperback 275 Pages
ISBN : 9786039000334
Publisher : Islam Today
About The Book
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "Allah has ninety-nine names, one hundred less one; whoever comprehends them all will enter Paradise."
It is the author's conviction that "comprehending" Allah's names means far more than simply knowing them or committing them to memory. Their meanings should shape a person's life and character.
In this highly original work, Allah's names are not just defined and explained, but their beauty depicted by those names is explored in depth so that the believer benefits from knowing them and can learn to live according to that knowledge.
About The Author
Salman bin Fahd bin Abdullah Al-Oadah or Salman al-Oadah (born 1955 or 1956) is a Saudi cleric or Sheikh and Muslim scholar. Al-Ouda is a member of the International Union for Muslim Scholars and on its Board of Trustees. He is a director of the Arabic edition of the website Islam Today and appears on a number of TV shows and authors newspaper articles. He completed a B.A., M.A. and Ph.D. in Islamic jurisprudence at Imam Muhammad bin Sa’ud University.Incarcerated for five years for inciting opposition to the Saudi government, al-Ouda emerged again "rehabilitated" in 1999 to become one of the kingdom's most prominent religious spokespersons. Salman al-Oadah was imprisoned for anti-government activities in 1994. He was against US led coalition war against Iraq.
He committed to memory a number of short treatises on various subjects. Among these were:
- Al-`Usûl al-Thalâthah, al-Qawâ`id al-Arba`ah, Kitâb al-Tawhîd, and al-`Aqîdah al-Wâsitiyyah, all of which pertain to Islamic beliefs
- Matn al-Ajurrûmiyyah in Arabic grammar, which he memorized and then taught to his young pupils in the mosque.
Among the roughly fifty books that he has published are:
- The First Strangers,
- Characteristics of the Strangers,
- Withdrawing from Society and Participating in It',
- A Discussion with Sheikh Muhammad al-Ghazâlî,
- Who has the Right to Engage in Independent Juristic Reasoning?
- Guidelines for Studying Islamic Law.
More Books By Dr. Salman al-Oadah
|Out of Stock: (-8)|
OUT OF STOCK