Into Islamic Thought
By Sayyid Abul A'la Maududi
Hardback 398 Pages
Publisher : Markazi Maktaba Islami (MMI) Publishers, India
About The Book
- Judgment of Reason
- Short —Sightedness
- Secret of Guidance and Misguidance
- Islam a Religion of Knowledge and Reason
- Concept of Ibadah in Islam
- Jihad in the Way of Allah
- Islamic Concept of Freedom
- True Meaning of Islamic Nationality
- More about Islamic Nationality
- Enjoining the Right and Forbidding the Wrong
- God's Law of Punishment
- Some Questions of a Christian Scholar
- Is the Word of Unity Enough for Salvation?
- Is it Necessary to Believe in Prophecy?
- Belief in Prophecy
- Greatest Blame on the Quran
- Rational Proof of Mohammed's Prophet-hood
- Following and Obedience of the Prophet
- Personal and Prophetic Capacity of a Messenger
- Prophet-hood and the Related Instructions
- Hadith and the Quran
- Balanced Way
- Some Questions about the Hadith
- The Quran and the Sunnah of the Prophet
- Objections to a Hadith, and their Solution
About The Author
Sayyid Abul A'la Al-Maududi (1903-1979), One of the chief architects of contemporary Islamic resurgence, was the an outstanding Islamic thinker and writer of his time. He devoted his life to expound the meaning and message of Islam and to organise a collective movement to establish the Islamic Order. In this struggle, he had to pass through all kinds of sufferings.
Between 1948-67, he spent a total of five years in different prisons of Pakistan. In 1953, he was also sentenced to death by a Martial Law court for writing a 'seditious' pamphlet, this sentence being later commuted to life imprisonment. In 1941, he founded Jama'at-I Islami, of which he remained Amir, until 1972 and which is one of the most prominent Islamic movements of our day.
He authored more than one hundred works on Islam, both scholarly and popular, and his writings have been translated into more than forty languages.
|In Stock: 9|