The Cultural Side of Islam
By M M Pickthall
Hardback 193 Pages
ISBN : 9788171510948
Publisher : Kitab Bhavan, India
About The Book
Originally Published in 1927 By The Committee of Madras Lectures on Islam.
Muhammad Marmaduke Pickthall, the great British Muslim convert and gives a graphic picture of Islamic culture, causes of its rise and decline, science, art and letters, the relation of sexes and the concept of the city of Islam, etc.
This is the outcome of an unbiased deep study of Quran and sunna. He has brought out the underlying laws those play actively in human individual life as well as social life shaping their destiny success or failure.
- First Lecture - Islamic Culture
- Second Lecture - Causes of Rise and Decline
- Third Lecture - Brotherhood
- Fourth Lecture - Science, Art and Letters
- Fifth Lecture - Tolerance
- Sixth Lecture - The Change of Fatalism
- Seventh Lecture - The Relation of the Sexes
- Eighth Lecture - The City of Islam
About The Author
Muhammad Marmaduke Pickthall (1875-1936) was a Western Islamic scholar noted for his English translation of the Qur'an (1930).
A convert from Christianity, Pickthall was a novelist, esteemed by D. H. Lawrence, H. G. Wells , and E. M. Forster, as well as a journalist, headmaster, and political and religious leader.
|In Stock: 4|