An Approach to the Qur'anic Sciences
By Justice Mufti Muhammad taqi Usmani
Translator : Dr. Muhammad Swaleh Siddiqui
Hardback 534 Pages
ISBN : 9788174354212
Publisher : Adams Publishers,India
About The Book
Mufti Taqi Usmani's Uloom ul Quran is a comprehensive treatise on the subject of Quranic Sciences. Now accessible to the English-speaking world. Also contains answers to the Orientalists' criticism.
Part 1: Qur'an
- History of the Descent of the Qur'an
- The Seven Readings of the Qur'an
- Abrogator and Abrogated (Naskh and Mansookh)
- History of Preservation of the Qur'an
- Doubts about Preservation of the Qur'an and Their Answers
- Truthfulness of the Qur'an
- Subjects of the Qur'an
Part 2: The Science of Tafsir (Exegesis)
- The Science of Exegesis (Tafsir) and Its Sources
- Unreliable Sources of Exegesis
- Some Important Principles of Exegesis
- Some Exegettes of Early Era
About The Author
Mufti Taqi Usmani is one of the leading Islamic scholars living today. Author of more than 40 books, he is an expert in the fields of Islamic law, Economics and Hadith.
For the past 35 years, he has been teaching at the Darul-Uloom in Karachi that was established by his father Mufti Muhammad Shafi, the late Grand Mufti of Pakistan.
He also holds a degree in law and has sat as Judge at the Shari'ah Appellate Bench of the Supreme Court of Pakistan.
He is a consultant to several international Islamic financial institutions and has played a key part in the move toward interest free banking and the establishment of Islamic financial institutions.
He is the deputy chairman of the Jeddah based Islamic Fiqh Council of the Organization of Islamic Conference (OIC).
|In Stock: 6|