The Writing Guide : GCSE Examinations In 2019 & Thereafter
Suitable For Arabic GCSE Course OR Similar
Based On The EDEXCEL 2017 Specification
By Ghassan Numan Mahir
Paperback 136 Pages
Size : 29.7 x 20.8 x 0.9 cm
ISBN : 9781908871626
Publisher : MM Books
About The Book
This guide, combining teaching of elements of writing and many ready-written pieces
- Is the first guide of its kind written specifically for the Arabic GCSE examinations, based on the general topics laid out in the Edexcel 2017 Arabic Specification.
- Includes detailed advice, with examples, on punctuation, style and handwriting.
- Introduces planning for the writing tasks and lists the methods normally used.
- Includes mind-maps with step-by-step instructions and examples.
- Contains ready-written pieces covering the GCSE examination tasks, in both formal and informal writing.
- Encourages active learning and writing practice by the provision of various types of exercises that should support teachers and tutors in setting homework that involves writing similar pieces.
- Uses translation for difficult English words.
About The Author
Ghassan Numan Mahir, B.Sc., B.Sc., D.Nut., MHMF, MHF After completing his BSc in Electrical and Electronic Engineering at Baghdad University in 1977, he worked in the engineering field for eight years in Iraq and Kuwait, only to see his engineering profession ending prematurely as a result of health problems, and moving as a result to the UK in 1985.
His writing career started in 1984 and now he has some 40 published works - including translations - in Arabic language education, alternative medicine, socio-politics and Islamic studies. He has completed several diplomas in alternative medicine and has written books on that subject, in both Arabic and English, some of which are still in print.
He is the author of many Arabic language educational books for GCSE and A-level students and teachers, published by M M Books, which include topic-based books, study resources, grammar and literary criticism, and he is also a co-author of books for pre-GCSE level. His books are used by schools all over the UK, as well as in many national and international schools abroad.
|In Stock: 6|