The Grammar And Translation Guide : GCSE Examinations In 2019 & Thereafter
Suitable For Arabic GCSE Course OR Similar
Based On The EDEXCEL 2017 Specification
By Ghassan Numan Mahir
Paperback 230 Pages
ISBN : 9781908871596
Size : 29.7 x 20.8 x 1.4 cm
Publisher : MM Books
About The Book
The Grammar, Writing & Translation Guide combines grammar teaching and guidelines for translation between Arabic and English:
- Is the first guide of its kind written specifically for the Arabic GCSE examinations, based on the general topics laid out in the Edexcel 2017 Arabic Specification.
- Includes a concise presentation of the grammar topics required at this level.
- Includes detailed advice, with step-by-step instructions and examples, on how to translate from Arabic to English and from English to Arabic.
- Includes plenty of exercises in Arabic to English and English to Arabic translation for the different areas of life experience and activities required by the exam specifications.
- Encourages active learning by the provision of ample spaces for writing the answers to the grammar and translation exercises, which should also support teachers and tutors in setting homework and in assessing and marking.
- Provides introductions in English to all the chapters.
- Uses English translations within the grammar lessons, and English throughout the translation lessons.
About The Author
Ghassan Numan Mahir, B.Sc., B.Sc., D.Nut., MHMF, MHF After completing his BSc in Electrical and Electronic Engineering at Baghdad University in 1977, he worked in the engineering field for eight years in Iraq and Kuwait, only to see his engineering profession ending prematurely as a result of health problems, and moving as a result to the UK in 1985.
His writing career started in 1984 and now he has some 40 published works - including translations - in Arabic language education, alternative medicine, socio-politics and Islamic studies. He has completed several diplomas in alternative medicine and has written books on that subject, in both Arabic and English, some of which are still in print.
He is the author of many Arabic language educational books for GCSE and A-level students and teachers, published by M M Books, which include topic-based books, study resources, grammar and literary criticism, and he is also a co-author of books for pre-GCSE level. His books are used by schools all over the UK, as well as in many national and international schools abroad.
|In Stock: 7|